What can I make with a mini skein set?
You can do anything with mini skeins that you would do with other odd bits of yarn, such as:
- Add stripes to an otherwise solid-color project.
- Knit the fingers of gloves different colors than the hand.
- Work socks in odd stripes, or keep some stripes consistent across the socks to make them look more like a pair.
What can I make with mini skeins and Advent?
- Blankets – adding a row or a square to a blanket is probably the easiest advent project.
- Socks – scrappy socks for the win! Bonus points for knitting in your ends as you go.
- Shawls – easily work stripes into lots of patterns.
- Sweaters – depending on your yardage requirements.
What is a knitting Advent?
Yarn advent calendar = yarn + surprises
The advent calendar contains yarn for a knitting project as well as of course a knitting pattern and careful instructions, to help you from start to finish on the project.