How long should tabs be on tab top curtains?
You need one tab at each end of the curtain, and then in between you should have a tab every five to eight inches. To figure out how many tabs you need, divide the finished width of your curtain by the spacing measurement of your tabs, then add one.
How do you measure for tab top curtains?
Length. Measure from the top of a tab to the bottom hem for the overall curtain length. Measure from the top of the tab to the top of the curtain for the finished tab length. Multiply the tab length by 2, subtract 2, and divide the result by 3.14 for the maximum diameter rod you can use for the tabs.
Are tab top curtains easy to open?
Opening and closing tabbed curtains is a bit more difficult than with rings, as rings slide easily along the rod. With rings, the upper part of the window casing or trim is usually visible because they hang down from the rod.
How are tab top valances measured?
How to Measure: Tab Top Curtains
- MEASURE LENGTH. Measure from the top of the rod down to where you want the curtain to fall. …
- MEASURE WIDTH. The curtain width should measure 1 ½ the width of the window for fullness.
- STYLING TIP. We suggest a decorative curtain rod because the rod will be visible between tabs.
How do you measure a tab?
It is really easy.
- Step 1 – Length. Lay your tablet flat on a desk in front of you. Hold the ruler on top of it. …
- Step 2 – Width. Use the same method as above, only this time, hold the ruler horizontally. …
- Step 3 – Depth/ Thickness. For this, you need to bring your tab to the edge of the desk.