What is a yarn feeder?
A yarn feeder comprises a switching mechanism which presets a swing direction of the yarn feeding port after completion of a yarn feeding operation, and, after having completed yarn feeding operation, changes over the swing of the yarn feeding port from one yarn feeding position to another standby position interlocking …
What are the parts of knitting machine?
There are Different Circular Knitting Machine Parts
- Creel: Creel is called the holder of cone. …
- Feeder: Yarn is feed through the feeder. …
- VDQ Pulley: G.S.M of the knit fabric is controlled by VDQ pulley. …
- Guide: Guide is called the supporting element. …
- Sensor: Sensor is an automatic controlling system.
What is the function of the expander in the knitting machine?
Expander: To control the width of the knitted fabric. No distortion of the knitting courses. Even take down tension in the knitting machine.
What is yarn feed?
Basic principle of yarn feeding mechanism is yarn fed to the needles in order to form the fabric must be conveyed along a predetermined path from the spool/cone to the knitting zone.
What is CAM in knitting?
The part of a knitting machine that controls the movement of the needles or sinkers to produce a desired knitted construction.
What is DIA in knitting?
Relation between Fabric Dia & machine Diameter:
Fabric Dia = (Machine Dia X 4/3) ±5% For Rib. It is needed not to mention that GSM, count and stitch length is very essential parameters that control all the properties of weft knitted fabric. Mainly stitch length and count plays a vital role in knit fabric structure.
What is the function of needle in knitting?
A knitting needle or knitting pin is a tool in hand-knitting to produce knitted fabrics. They generally have a long shaft and taper at their end, but they are not nearly as sharp as sewing needles. Their purpose is two-fold.
What is the principal elements of knitting machine?
The circular knitting machine consists three major sections viz, yarn supply, knitting element and fabric take down. The needles are the most important stitch forming elements. They are displaced vertically up and down and are mounted into the tricks or cuts of the knitting cylinder.
What is the function of take down roller?
The take-down mechanism withdraws the fabric from the needles and winds them into the cloth roll. This mechanism consists of grooved rollers through which the fabric is nipped and pulled downwards(Anbumani, 2007).
How is knitting done on machine?
- The needle bar goes forward- the open needles clear the web.
- The weft thread is laid on the needles.
- The weft thread falls loosely.
- The needle bar draws back, the weft is pulled in the open needles.
- The needle bar draws back, the presser bar drops, the needle loops close and the weft is drawn back through the web.