How do you adjust the thread take up lever?
The thread take up lever is threaded by guiding the thread up the right side slot.
- Raise the needle to its highest position by turning the hand wheel toward you.
- Make sure the mark on the hand wheel points up, or just press the needle position button twice to raise the needle.
Why do we need to thread the machine correctly?
THREADING THE MACHINE
Each part of the threading mechanism on the head of a sewing machine has a definite purpose in guiding the thread from the spool to the needle. The thread must pass through the various guides in a given order so that the machine will sew properly the formed stitches.
Why should you raise the take up lever and needle to their highest point before and after sewing?
Answer: Every sewing machine has a thread take-up lever. … It’s very important that this arm always be left in its highest position when you have finished sewing a seam. In its highest position, the needle will be resting out of the fabric and just slightly above the pressure foot.
What are the proper order of threading the upper part of the sewing machine?
How do I thread the machine (Threading the upper thread).
- Turn on the sewing machine.
- Raise the presser foot lever. …
- Press. …
- Remove the spool cap that is inserted onto the spool pin.
- Place the spool of thread onto the spool pin. …
- Slide the spool cap onto the spool pin.