How do you make curtains look modern?
Choose colorful, textured, and/or patterned fabric to make the most impact. They Can Make Your Space Look Larger: Extending the curtain rod beyond the actual window- both in terms of height and width, makes you think the window is larger, and the ceilings taller, than they actually are.
How do you update old curtains?
Here are a few crafty ways to update old curtains and give them a much-needed facelift!
- Use the Shibori Technique.
- Swap Out Curtain Rods.
- Add Trim.
- Hang a Mini Garden.
- Layer Your Curtains.
- Lengthen Your Curtains.
- Update Holdbacks or Tiebacks.
- Try Macramé
How do you brighten curtains?
Use light colored window treatments. Try layering sheer curtains with blackout curtain in a bedroom. Re-paint using white, or off-white colors.
How do you make blackout curtains look good?
The Best Ways to Find Blackout Curtains That Aren’t Ugly
- Choose light-filtering curtains rather than blackout curtains. …
- Look for a drapey, heavy fabric. …
- Use a double curtain rod. …
- Sun Zero Oslo Rod Pocket 100% Blackout Window Curtain Panels $27.99 for each panel, Target. …
- Use curtain ring clips. …
- Majgull Blackout Curtains, IKEA.
How do you make store bought curtains look expensive?
How to Make Your Curtains Look More Expensive
- Hang them high—and wide. Mount your curtain hardware as close to the ceiling as possible for a high-end look. …
- Use statement hardware. Upgrade basic panels by adding thicker, more substantial hardware to your window treatments. …
- Weigh them down. …
- Train them.