How do you make a handkerchief out of an old shirt?
- Cut off both sleeves with scissors.
- Cut across top front of shirt across the shoulders.
- Cut straight across the top back of the shirt.
- Cut up both seams.
- Cut off all hems.
- Cut the sleeves along the seam.
- Cut off cuffs.
- Press all flannel pieces.
How do you make a simple handkerchief?
Firstly wash and dry your fabric.
- Then, cut a square of fabric to the required size, we’ve made ours 40cm square, but feel free to make them larger or smaller.
- Fold over 7mm on all four sides and iron the fabric. …
- Once the fabric has cooled, unfold all the edges. …
- Select your thread for sewing.