How do you seal a sewing stitch?
Method One – Loop Through an Existing Stitch
- Slide the needle under an existing stitch.
- Pull it through to make a loop.
- Pass the needle through the loop.
- Pull the needle to close the loop and make a knot.
- Repeat under the same stitch to make a second knot for added security.
- Cut the thread.
How do I stop my stitches from unraveling?
To prevent those points from unraveling and stretching out of shape, you need to secure them with a back stitch or lock stitch. Backstitching is done by sewing backward and forward at the beginning and end of a seam, on top of the seam stitches, to prevent the stitching from coming undone.